Monday, November 26, 2012

So what's been happening?

This is such a busy time of the year.  For us it's been even busier than normal.  Three kids, some health issues, add in the holiday season and (hopefully) a new venture for me (more on that later) and I'm completely overwhelmed!  I'm looking forward to the distraction of the holidays but I'm already not loving the way my house feels cluttered and messy with all the decorations.  Bah humbug, I know!  I'm trying not to be too bah humbugish this year. 

So as far as what's been happening in our household, hmm, let's see...Anthony was finally able to return to work after his recovery (I should say, he's almost recovered), three months after his surgery.  He's not back to full duty but we're all grateful he's able to work.  He's hoping to return to full duty sometime in the new year.  Connor has been busy learning MMA and the violin.  Yep, that's my boy, tough and cultured all at the same time.  Charlotte has been taking gymnastics classes.  She's doing great but doesn't seem to love it as much as she thought she would.  She's such a great dancer I'm hoping she'll go back to dancing soon.  Claire is in preschool and loving it.  She's doing so great.  I've been able to volunteer for two parties in her class and it was so wonderful seeing her in her element.  I especially loved watching her pray, so sweet.  I guess I should include what's happening with Gunnar too.  He's his lazy self, sleeping his life away.  He did come with us on a shopping trip, managed to escape out of the Blazer while we were inside a store and was taken to dog jail.  Yeah, I had to bail my dog out of jail.  I should've just put money on his books and left him there.  As for me, I was recently diagnosed with a complex sclerosing lesion in my right breast.  After numerous tests it was determined it needed to be completely removed via lumpectomy to make sure it wasn't breast cancer (there was a 10% chance it was).  A few days after the surgery we found out it was benign (yay!).  I'm feeling about 95% back to normal now. So girls, go get screened!  While dealing with the stress of that particular health issue I've been secretly working on a new venture for me which is also giving me stress but hopefully I'll be finished with that soon and will be able to let all my faithful readers in on what's been happening (it's not that exciting, really).

So that sums up our year.  In a year from now I'll post another summary of our life, stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful everything is good with your health. Great summary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete